The Bochara vineyard and cellar door are 10 km west of Hamilton, in the heart of western Victoria’s redgum country.
The site features well drained buckshot gravel soil and a north facing aspect. The site is cool by Australian standards with a heat summation of around 1200 day degrees. This makes it ideal for the grape varieties Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc and Gewurztraminer.
As well as grapes grown at Bochara, small batches of different varieties grown in the Henty region are selected from time to time for the Bochara Wines label.
In 1901, part of the 10,000 acre pastoral run known as Bochara was divided into smaller family farms. The distinctive Bochara Wines logo and label have been developed from the art-nouveau design of the 1901 subdivision poster advertising “Land for the People”.